"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Twenty-Nine Weeks

Well, today's update will consist of some good news and some not-so-good news...just another (potential) bump in the road, but nothing we can't handle!

The good news is that we've made it to another week!  Yippy!  Peanut is still doing great and seems to be very content in her nice, cozy, little womb.  I'm hoping she doesn't get too cozy in there, because she's going to be evicted in eleven more weeks! lol

The not-so-good news is that I didn't pass my glucose test I did on Tuesday...waaaaah!  The cutoff was 139, and my result was 147.  I didn't "fail" by much, but being even one point too high means I have to endure the three-hour test.  Blah.  It's scheduled for next Monday at 8am.  I'll have to be fasting (which I was for the last one, too), then drink the yummy orange soda within five to ten minutes when I get to Dr S's office.  I'll have my blood drawn while I'm fasting, one hour after I've finished the drink, and then after two and three hours after.  It's going to be a long appointment, since I have to sit there and twiddle my thumbs for three to four hours, but it'll be worth it if I pass!

Now, what if I don't pass this time around??  If this happens, then I'll be diagnosed with "gestational diabetes", which basically means my body isn't producing enough insulin to cover both Reagan and my own sugar (glucose) levels.  I will have to watch my sugar/carbohydrate intake, check my blood sugar level roughly four times a day, and possibly have to give myself insulin shots (this usually only happens when a woman's sugar is VERY high and not controlled by diet/exercise).  I can handle all this, but man, I hate to have my finger pricked!  I'd rather have blood drawn with a big ole' needle than prick my finger!  I know, I'm a wimp. But I get "big girl" points for admitting it, right?? ;)

The silver lining in all this?  If I do have gestational diabetes, then there's a risk of Reagan getting either too much sugar or too little, which could make her too little or too big.  (I know this doesn't sound like a "silver lining"...I'm getting there. lol) This requires more monitoring, which means...ultrasounds!!  Usually, the doctor wants to keep an eye on baby's growth to ensure there's not a growth issue, so more u/s's might be necessary.  I'd definitely be okay with seeing this little girl a few more times before she's born!  Just being honest! :)

When I first got the phone call that my results were abnormal, I have to admit, I was upset.  There may have been some tears shed.  Mainly, I was upset because I feel like I've been doing my best to ensure there wouldn't be a problem; I exercise, watch what I eat, haven't gained any excess weight.  So when I got the news, I felt like I had done something wrong.  It took a few moments and a good talk with God for me to realize that this, just like infertility, doesn't mean I've done anything bad.  It just means my body isn't doing what it needs to be doing.  It's just another bump in this road to Mommyhood, and the Father will see us through it just like He has this entire time!  So, now I'm ready!  Bring on that ole', nasty test!  Me and my God have got this!!

Alrighty, now that I've shared that, let's see what else Miss Priss has been doing since our last update!

Symptoms:

-headaches (on and off...but nothing too terrible)
-fatigue (this is getting worse every week...I am in awe of women who work and/or have other children to take care of while being pregnant!  God bless you ladies!! You're my heroes! lol)
-restlessness
-backache/achy hips
-leg cramps
-stuffy nose
-bigger tah-tah's (yes...I think they've actually grown some more.  Geesh!)
-nice, bright blue veins...everywhere!  (On my belly, legs, tah-tah's, arms...I'm a walking road map!)
-moodiness (I've been a little weepy...sorry, honey!  Luckily, I get over it quickly!)

Size of Baby:

Butternut Squash (about 15.25-15.5 inches and 2.5 pounds)

Milestones/Happenings:

Baby Reagan's lungs are now developed enough to breathe in air---yay!  They won't, of course, until she's born and takes that first breath, which will break the "seal" around her lungs and allow her to start breathing oxygen.  For now, she's still practicing inhaling amniotic fluid.  She's also practicing tinkling; she's urinating as much as half a liter of amniotic fluid a day!  Looks like Mommy and Daddy had better get REALLY good at changing diapers! lol

I've read that fetuses typically find a "spot"and position in the uterus that they're most comfortable in. For the longest time, I thought this was curled up on top of my bladder.  But now, little Peanut has found her sweet spot...in my right rib cage!  From what I'm feeling, it seems she's still head down, with her tushie up against my rib cage, and her feet out towards my left side (try to imagine her laying in an upside down "L" shape in there).  Occasionally, she ventures back down to the bladder area, but for the most part, she likes my ribs!  Oh well, as long as she's comfy, right??

Belly Pic(s):

I FEEL a lot bigger this week, but I'm not necessarily seeing it in my pictures!  Maybe it's because I see my belly every single day, so I can't notice the subtle little changes?  Either way, I'm sure she's growing in there!



I also attended a good friend's baby shower today, so I took a picture of Reagan and I dressed up and ready to go "meet" her bestie, Skyler! :)



Now time for a little relaxation!  This Mommy is tuckered out--it's been a busy day!  I hope y'all have a wonderful rest of the weekend, and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you Mommies (and "almost-Mommies") out there!  I feel so honored that I can semi-participate in this special day to honor the amazing gift of motherhood!  And what better way to celebrate it than by feeling my little girl wiggle and squirm in this belly of mine! :)

For those of you who are still praying to receive your blessings from above, remember that God DOES hear our prayers and IS faithful to answer those prayers based on His plans for us!  So stay faithful, stay optimistic, trust that His plan is perfect, and (here comes the Verse of the Day) "Pray without ceasing"! (1 Thessalonians 5:17)  I can't wait to hear how He blesses you in the very near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment