"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Thirty-One Weeks

We're in the single digits now, y'all!  Nine weeks left!  Yippy!

Things have been a little busy this week, and I'm definitely starting to feel it now...this Mommy's tired!

To begin with, my nesting instincts have kicked in full force, which means there has been lots of cleaning and organizing going on in this house!  I finally managed to organize every space that was on my list (including the entire attic closet...Christmas decorations and all!), which felt soooo good to accomplish!  Now I can honestly say there are no closets, cabinets, or drawers in this house that aren't neat and tidy...but I know it won't stay like that for long once Peanut arrives! lol

I've also been working on a few crafts (like a hair bow/headband holder for Miss Reagan's room) and finishing up some shopping for other friend's baby gifts.  I feel like I live at Hobby Lobby and Babies R ' Us nowadays! Haha!

As well as marking things off my To-Do list, my friend, Stacey (who also had fertility issues), delivered her precious little girl via c-section on Wednesday!  PTL!  She was a whoppin' nine pounds, eleven ounces (and that was two and a half weeks early)---whew!  I got to see Stacey in the hospital, but missed getting to see Miss Chunky-Butt, so I plan on making a visit to their house sometime next week so I can hold that sweet miracle! :)

So, that was MY busy week.  Let's see what Reagan's been doing in there!

Symptoms:

-fatigue (even more so after this week, but that's a given!)
-restlessness
-heartburn/indigestion (not as bad as before though---thank God!)
-leg cramps
-achy back/hips
-more frequent Braxton Hicks contractions (I had as many as three in three hours the other night...guess my body is getting some good practice in for the big marathon called labor!)
-nausea (on and off)
-shortness of breath (I notice this more when I'm moving around a lot or when she's lodged in my rib cage)

Size of Baby:

Bunch of Asparagus (around 16 inches long and 3.3-3.5 pounds)

Milestones/Happenings:

Reagan is starting to shed that coat of fine hair that has been helping to keep her warm for the last seven and a half months.  But where will it go once she gets rid of it?  Good question!  She actually will ingest it (just like she does her amniotic fluid), and this will be part of what makes up that first oh-so pleasant poopie when she's born (also know as "meconium")!  Gross, huh?  I tell ya, it's amazing what happens in utero!

Belly Pics:

I'm definitely starting to feel uncomfortable by this point!  She is taking up all the space from my pubic bone to my ribs, as well as from one hip to the other (I know this because I can feel movements in all four areas at once---it's cray-cray!), which makes getting comfy way more difficult.  But I know it'll all be worth it when I get to hold my tiny blessing in just nine more weeks!



I don't usually post pics of my belly from the front, but I figured why not throw one in there today (you know, for poops and giggles ;) )?  Can you see my poor belly button holding on for dear life in there?? I have a feeling it's going to lose the battle before this kid comes! lol



Now it's time for a little din-din (homemade taco twist soup...yummmm!) and relaxing with my honey! Who knows, maybe he'll even feel really generous and rub these super sore calves for me....(Yes, my dear, that was a not-so-subtle hint! Haha!)

I hope you all have a fab three-day weekend filled with lots of sunshine and family fun!  Reagan and I will be back sometime mid-week, so please stay tuned!  God bless!

Verse of the Day:  "Those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles; they will run and not grow tired; they will walk and not become weary." (Isaiah 40:31)  A great verse to remember for those of you who feel like your own "trials" are never going to end, or perhaps those of you who just feel run down from life's day-to-day struggles.  No matter what you're going through or how tired you are, God will and does give us the strength to persevere!  Thank you, Father, for this everlasting promise! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment