"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Three-Hour Glucose Test

Sooo...Reagan and I had our second glucose tolerance test on Monday!

For those of you who have never had to endure the lovely three-hour test, let me tell ya...that thing is no joke!  The drink contains double the amount of sugar (100 grams as opposed to 50), and you have to wait in the office for three hours after you drink it.  Luckily, I was able to wait in the non-stress test ultrasound room, so I had a nice, comfy recliner to sit in and a TV to watch (although I chose to read my Kindle instead).  About halfway through my wait, another mommy came in with her six-week old baby boy, Sam, so they kept me company for the remainder of my wait (because those who know me know that I've never met a stranger...I'll talk to just about anyone!).  So the long wait wasn't that bad!

I was feeling pretty good after drinking the sugar-laiden beverage (not jittery like I did last time), and even during all four of my blood draws.  It wasn't until I got into the car (in hopes of going to grab lunch and run a few errands) that it hit me...extreme fatigue, "wooziness", shaking hands.  I decided to cancel my plans for the day and just head home to eat something and rest.  I made it home safe and sound (praise the Lord!), and scarfed down some leftover Chinese food as soon as I walked in the door (after all, it'd been about fourteen hours since I'd eaten or drank anything other than the Glucola!).  After a few hours, I started to feel a little better, but it wasn't until yesterday that I felt fully recovered.  Whew.  What a day!

The lab tech told me they'd call me with the results sometime Tuesday (yesterday), so of course, Reagan and I were on pins and needles yesterday waiting for that phone call.  After what seemed like an eternity, the nurse called to let me know that.....

...we passed!!!!!  No gestational diabetes here!!!!

(BIG SIGH)

What a relief!  What a blessing!  I stopped to thank God for getting us over yet another (small) bump in the road (as He always does!), and then I texted my hubby to let him know the good news.  His reply: "Yay!  Chocolate cake for you!" LOL He knows me soooo well! ;)

So, now that that ordeal is all over with, the Nutter-Butter and I are planning on enjoying the rest of this pregnancy---sweet tea included! :)  We have the first of our showers this weekend, and I'm soooo thankful that I don't have to monitor my sugar while I'm there and I can enjoy all of the yummy goodness my family will have prepared!  Woohoo!

We plan on heading down there on Friday, so once again, I'm going to miss posting our update on Saturday (sorry guys!).  But I'll be sure to fill you all in on how Reagan's doing and how our shower went on Monday! Until then, I hope you all have a FAB week and weekend!

One more thing before I go...I want to thank y'all for all the loving prayers, comments, and texts I received before, during, and after the test Monday!  I knew that God would take care of us, no matter what the results were, but it's always nice to know that people are praying for peace and comfort during these little hurdles (which I definitely felt)!  Now, let's give the Lord the praise He is due with this Verse of the Day!  "I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, that I know full well!" (Psalm 139:14) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment