"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Monday, May 20, 2013

Thirty Weeks and A Baby Shower

Yes, that's right.

THIRTY weeks.  

Only ten more weeks (or nine weeks and five days as of today, which sounds even better to me!) till Reagan Elizabeth will be making her debut!  It's getting more real and more exciting every day!

We had our first baby shower for our little Peanut (which was actually the "theme" of the shower---how sweet!) last weekend, which was soooo much fun!  My husband and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends to celebrate this amazing chapter of our lives with!  I'm posting a few pics of the shower below with my belly pic so you can see just a little bit of the cuteness that went into my shower!

But first, an update on how the bay-bay's doing!

Symptoms:

-fatigue
-restlessness
-unable to eat a whole lot at one time (my stomach feels sort of "upset" after I eat, too...but smaller meals seem to help with this somewhat)
-headaches (off and on)
-achy legs/back/hips
-shortness of breath (mainly when Reagan tucks herself up under my ribs...ouch!)
-bleeding (don't freak out---it's not THAT kind of bleeding! My gums and nose bleed for no reason, and when I knicked my toe at Hobby Lobby today, I bled like a stuck pig.  I swear, it looked like a massacre at the checkout counter!  No bueno! lol)
-pregnancy brain (this is getting worse...God help those who have to put up with my frequent brain farts! LOL)

Size of Baby:

According to my Pregnancy App, she's grown from a "small head of cabbage" to a "large head of cabbage".  (I know, that doesn't give you much to go on, huh? lol)  Measurement wise, she should be around 15.7 inches long and 2.75-3 pounds.  Baby girl is plumping up!

Milestones/Happenings:

She is more aware of her surroundings now, and it seems like EVERYthing wakes her up!  (Please, Lord, let her get used to these sounds in utero so she can sleep like a log once she's here!)  Her sense of taste and smell are also heightened right now...which might explain why she always gets all worked up when I start cooking something yummy?? Hey, it's possible! ;)

Belly Pic(s):

Even though my weight hasn't increased this week, my belly size sure has!  I've noticed it looks larger depending on where she's laying...and in this pic, I believe she was all balled up front and center .  I can also tell where she's laying based on my belly button (I know, that sounds odd, lol); if she is higher up and poking out, my belly button pokes out more (even though it's still definitely an "innie").  If she's lower down, my belly button looks a lot more "normal".  Weird, huh?  It's kind of fun to play "guess where Reagan is?!" though! :)



Now, I know I've never posted a full picture of myself, but I figured the time has come to "introduce" myself to those of you who think I'm just a walking belly! lol  So here are a couple of full pics of The Bump and I at my baby shower last weekend!



And lastly, here are a few picturess of the details of the shower...my mom, sister-in-law, aunt, and cousin did an AWESOME job of making my "baby shower dreams" come true!  Thank you again, guys! Reagan and I love you all very much!!

Here's the cake, which was just as delicious as it was adorable!!


My cousin, Rebecca, took the time to wrap a bunch of little Hershey's chocolates with these super cute wrappers, which matched the "My Little Peanut" theme!  Presh!


My MIL had this wreath custom-made on Etsy for our baby girl...isn't it gorgeous??  We plan on using it for the showers, then hanging it on our door once we bring Reagan home.  Shoot, it's so cute, I might just leave it up all year round! ;)


Finally, this diaper wreath was made by my sweet sister-in-law (who I've dubbed "Aunt Coco") and definitely added a little something extra to the gift table!  (There was a glittery "R" that was supposed to be on it, too, but it refused to cooperate, lol.)


Well, that's it folks!  I'll update you guys again this Saturday!

Until then, it's time for the Verse of the Day, which will hopefully help you all get through the busy work week!  Matthew 5:16 says, "...Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."  I love this verse because it is a reminder that we are to be examples for Christ, and that people really DO watch and hear what we say and do!  May everything we do and say this week (and beyond) bring honor to God and further His kingdom! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment