"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Twenty-Eight Week Update and Appointment

Well, guys...we've officially made it to the third trimester!  EEEEK!!!!  God is sooooo good, and I praise Him for getting us this far and keeping Reagan and I both healthy!  

Speaking of healthy, Little Bit and I had our twenty-eight week appointment with Dr S this morning, and it went very well!  It was time for me to do the dreaded one-hour glucose tolerance test (for gestational diabetes), which means I got to enjoy that super yummy Glucola beverage this morning (which actually does taste like stale Sunkist...not TOO bad, but not too good either! lol).  I should receive the results in the next day or two.  I sure do pray I pass so I don't have to endure the three-hour test!

As for the other details of the appointment, everything checked out great!  My blood pressure was perfect at 102/65, and my weight is still on track (I've gained 15.5 pounds so far).  I received my tDap vaccination (I haven't had a booster in a while, and they recommend it with every pregnancy anyway), and I gave the nurse an "A+" in shot-giving (I think this made her day, lol).  My uterus is measuring 27cm, which is just fine for this stage in the game (remember that how many weeks along a woman is +/- 4cm is considered "normal").  Dr S is pleased with how things are going, and said there's no reason to come back in two weeks (unless something happens in the meantime), so my last monthly appointment is set for June 4th at 9am.  After that, it'll be once every two weeks for two visits, and then weekly till Baby Reagan arrives!  I have a feeling between the baby showers, 4D u/s, and more frequent appointments, the next three months are going to fly by! :)

Now, time for Peanut's weekly update (which we missed doing on Saturday since we were out of town)!

Symptoms:

-heartburn/indigestion (taking the Zantac twice a day really does seem to be helping with this though---thank God!)
-fatigue (it's getting worse...sometimes I feel like I can't keep my eyes open!)
-restlessness
-backache/achy hips (I'm noticing this more often now, especially when I'm on my feet for a while)
-leg cramps (I've heard this might happen, but didn't know they'd be THAT bad!  I woke up the other night and couldn't move my right leg because it was cramped up so badly!  Yikes!)


Size of Baby:

Head of Lettuce (about 15 inches long and 2.25-2.5 pounds)

Milestones/Happenings:

Reagan is about 2-3% body fat right now, but this will be increasing every week as she plumps up in order to get ready for her debut!

Her brain is also growing at an astonishing rate---it can increase in weight as much as 500% from now to delivery day!  Wowzers!

She has developed more of a sleep/wake cycle that alternates about every twenty-thirty minutes...although it seems like this little girl is always on the go!  I have been feeling more rolling/stretching and less sharp kicks/jabs, but she does like to tuck up under my rib cage when I'm sitting upright for long periods of time (like during our five-hour car rides last weekend).  At this point, I should be doing "kick counts" twice a day (tracking how long it takes to feel her move ten times---it should take less than two hours), but this little Peanut squirms around so often I'm not finding a need to yet! As distracting/slightly painful as her wiggling can be at times, I count it as definite blessing to have an active, healthy bambino in there!

Belly Pic(s):

I was sure that with all of the hustle and bustle of the weekend's events, I'd forget to take my Saturday morning pic, but I actually remembered!  Yaaaaay! Go me! lol  I don't see a huge change from last week---what do you think?


I also got a side shot of The Bump in my wedding attire (thanks, Nicole, for letting me borrow this super cute/comfy dress!).  Baby Girl was on full display (and looking a little larger than usual) at this shindig!



Alrighty folks, now we're all caught up!  We'll see you back here Saturday for another update!  But before I go, I wanted to thank you all again for the continued prayers---not only for myself and Reagan, but also for the others I asked you guys to lift up to the Lord.  God is definitely still moving, and it's so exciting to see how He's blessing those around us!  The Verse of the Day (Psalm 55:17) says, "Evening, morning, and noon will I pray; I will cry out aloud and He will hear my voice."  This is oh-so true, so please keep those awesome prayers coming, y'all! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment