"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Nineteen Weeks

Only one more week and we'll be halfway through this amazing pregnancy journey!  Wowzers!  It seems like only yesterday we were getting the call with that first wonderful beta number and spending the rest of the evening (and weeks to follow, to be honest) saying, "Wow...we're going to be parents...we're actually going to be PARENTS!" I am absolutely awestruck and grateful beyond belief by the miracle God is allowing us to witness and experience through this pregnancy...and the best is still yet to come!

So, what have Peanut and I spent our week doing?  As you could tell from my midweekly post, lots of planning!  PTL I was able to get most of that accomplished, though, so now I can enjoy all of these showers/trips/weddings that are going to be coming up in the next few months!  Now till July is going to be busy, busy, busy (which may help pass the time till our little girl gets here)!

Peanut and I also managed to catch a nasty cold this week...yuck.  Who wants to spend their week/weekend stuffed up and achy?  Not this chick!  The last few nights have been awful, since I haven't been sleeping very well anyway, and now I can't breathe, which makes resting even less of a possibility.  But, on the plus side, I woke up today feeling the same (if not slightly better) than yesterday, which means it's not getting any worse!  Hopefully by next week I'll be back to my normal, pregnant self! ;)

Now, let's see what my little Nutter-Butter has been doing as far as growing, etc...

Symptoms:

These are all out of whack because of my cold...so let's try this portion again next week, shall we?

Size of Baby:

Mango (roughly 7 inches and 8.5 ounces, per the Baby apps)

Milestones/Happenings:

Peanut must be content, because she's been kicking away in there!  As you may remember, I felt her kick for the first time last Saturday morning, and my husband actually had the pleasure of feeling her Wednesday night!  (It may have been the hiccups, because they nudges were pretty frequent and in the same spot, but nonetheless, he felt them!)  What an awesome moment that was!  Ever since then she's been on the move...even during the middle of the night (I think I wake her up with my sneezing/coughing fits...sorry, sweetheart!).  I love feeling her wiggling around in there, and every time I feel that nudge it makes me smile!

She has developed her own little ovaries now, which will contain all of the eggs she will ever need in her lifetime...isn't that crazy?!  She also will start having more of a "wake/sleep pattern", which she will likely stick to once she's born (sleep, baby girl, SLEEP! lol).

Belly Pic:

There's definitely been some growth since last week...or at least I feel there has been!  She's moving up higher in my stomach (I can feel her right under my belly button at times), which my bladder is very appreciative of, lol.



Now I think Miss Peanut and I will go try to take a little nap...we've got to nip this cold in the butt and refuel before our trip to NYC on the 13th!  Have a blessed day, y'all! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment