"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Twenty Weeks

I hate to torture you guys, but I've been waiting twenty weeks to be able to do this...brace yourselves, folks.

(In my loudest "singing" voice, while strumming my air guitar...)

"Oooooooooh....we're halfway there!  Oooo--oh!  Livin' on a prayer!"  

Whew!  That felt good!!  Thanks for letting me get that out! ;) Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Yes, y'all, we've made it to the halfway point!  Peanut is officially twenty weeks "pre-old" today!  What a huge blessing it is to have made it this far!  It's hard to imagine that in just five more months (give or take a few weeks), we'll be welcoming our little girl into the world!  Gaaaaah!

Peanut and I were finally able to shake that nasty cold this week (PTL!), so now we can focus on our big ultrasound and her Daddy's birthday next Tuesday and our trip to the Big Apple on Wednesday!  But let's see what else we've been up to this week...

Symptoms:

-mild cramping last night and today (guess she's hitting a growth spurt again??)
-mild-moderate nausea the last few days
-reflux/heartburn (I'm going to buy stock in Tums)
-itching (must be from my skin stretching)
-off and on headache (I don't know if this is from hormones or my residual congestion)
-frequent urination
-painful bubble gut (ouch!)
-even bigger tahtah's (I mean, really...how big can they get?? Geesh! lol)
-very sensitive nipples (sorry to any male family members that's reading this!  But it's true!)

Size of Baby:

Banana (around 7 inches and 10 ounces)

Milestones/Happenings:

Peanut has working taste buds now!  And apparently, what I eat can affect the taste of the amniotic fluid she's swimming around in and drinking on a daily basis!  Studies have shown that because of this, some babies actually crave the stuff their mommies ate when it's time to transition to grown-up food!  (Maybe that's why I love egg rolls so much, Mom?? lol)  

Our little munchkin has also been practicing her own dance/gymnastics routine this week...she's been moving around like crazy!  She has her times when she prefers to sleep (fetuses at this stage sleep roughly 12-14 hours a day), but otherwise she's kicking and flipping away in there!  And I LOVE it! :)

Belly Pic:

Even though it still looks little, there's no hiding this bump anymore!  It's on display in all of my shirts and seems to be growing more and more each day!  It's getting harder to find something comfortable to wear...I can't wait for summer to get here so I can wear tank tops and stretchy shorts all day! lol  



Well, I guess it's time to tackle the task I've been dreading the most...packing for the cold weather in NYC!  Of course I have to be going to one of the most fashionable cities when I can barely find something comfortable and cute to wear to the grocery store! Is it bad if I just wear sweats, scarves, and rain boots all week??  Someone please say yes! lol

I'll keep you guys posted on our appointment with Dr S on Tuesday (it's at 10:30am).  Until then, please keep those prayers coming that Peanut (are I) stay healthy and that she keeps growing as she should! And, as always, give praise to God for this tiny miracle He has blessed us with, as well as the works He is doing in the lives of so many others!  I'll leave you with a few verses of praise that are on my heart this morning: "Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; speak of all His wonders!" (1 Chronicles 16:9) "Now therefore, our God, we thank you and we praise Your glorious name!" (1 Chronicles 29:13) Amen! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment