"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Twenty Week Ultrasound

Man, oh man...has it been a busy day!  Between our appointment this morning, my husband's birthday, and trying to finish getting ready for our trip tomorrow, I've been a busy little bee! But all fun stuff, so I can't complain! ;)

So, I'm sure you're all wondering how our little Peanut is looking and growing...and I'm so grateful to report that everything looks perfect, she's still a baby girl (PTL---otherwise Mommy was going to have some returning to do! lol), and she even posed for the camera a little!  Here's a brief synopsis of the appointment and some pictures of our pretty little princess...

-She is weighing about twelve ounces now, which the ultrasound tech said is "perfect...not too big, not too small!"

-According to her measurements, my due date is still July 27th, but according to their records from Dr T, they're calling it July 29th.  They won't adjust it because it's only two days off, so it's no biggie.  I just hope she comes sooner than later! lol

-Peanut is head down right now, with her head towards the right side of my bladder (hello pressure!).  She could choose to stay in this position the rest of the time OR she could be a little rascal and flip around to a breech presentation.  The amount of space she will have to do this is quickly decreasing, so my prayer is that she stays put, or otherwise we'll have to schedule ourselves a C-Section!

-Her heart is pumping beautifully, at about 145-155 beats per minute.  The tech was zoomed in more, so we could see all of the chambers working hard to get all of her blood circulated.  What an amazing sight!  

-She still likes to put her hands up around her face, behind her head, and under her chin.  She actually sucked her thumb during this appointment, which was a first for us to get to see and A-DOR-A-BLE to watch!  The picture of it (I posted it below, too) is, by far, our favorite!

-My weight is increasing just as it should be...so far I've gained seven pounds (which is an average of about a pound a week since the second trimester began---right on track!).  Watching that scale go up every week is soooo hard, but I tell myself it's all for this tiny miracle, so I'll take it! :)

-My blood pressure was also doing great; it was 103/65 this time.  When we first started out, I had been on bed rest for several weeks and hadn't been able to exercise, etc., so just walking into the office was enough to make my pressure jump up (I believe it was around 130/80 then).  I've been continuing to walk at least four times a week (four to five miles in our hilly neighborhood), so I was pleased to see that exercising has helped it tremendously!  Mommy sure doesn't need any Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH--which can lead to Preeclampsia), so PTL for this additional blessing!

-They drew my thyroid levels since they haven't been checked since the week of Christmas (they were totally normal then).  I should know the results of that test either tomorrow or Thursday, and then they can adjust my thyroid medication from there.  Praying it's all within normal limits and I don't have to increase my meds anymore!

Okay dokey...now for the pictures!

This one is a 3D image of her sucking her thumb while her other hand is tucked up underneath her chin/cheek.  Isn't she presh?!


This is a side view of her pretty profile...the tech said "well she sure is photogenic"! I like to think she gets that from me...hehehe.


Here is another (2D) image of her sucking her thumb.  When her thumb wasn't in her mouth, she was making kissy faces or acting like she was chewing something.  Too cute!


It's still a girl!!  Woohoo!  Here's her little "tootie" and legs (which look nice and strong, don't you think?).


And lastly, we got a picture of her tiny feet!  Of course, Daddy had to count all of the bones in her feet to make sure she has five toes (and yes, she does!)...silly Daddy. ;) 


That's about it!  Our next appointment is for April 9th at 9am (just a routine doppler, weight, and blood pressure).  It was so great to able to see how she's grown and what a personality she has already!  We are so thankful and feel so blessed that everything is a-okay with our little Peanut...God is so good!!!

Now that we know everything is looking good with the Nutter-Butter, it's time to head to NYC for a little vacay/baby moon!  Please pray for a safe, fun trip and that Miss Peanut behaves herself while we're gone! I'll be sure to take my belly pic Saturday morning, and I'll update you all when we get back!  I hope you guys have a blessed week!




No comments:

Post a Comment