"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Twenty-Two Weeks

Goooood morning, y'all!  I hope everyone is enjoying their day so far!  Mine has been spent taking our obese cat to the vet for his checkup (he's down four pounds in two years...now he's only thirteen and a half pounds! lol) and doing a little online browsing for cute baby stuff (I've got a serious shopping problem...but the first step is admitting it, right?? ;) )  Other than the yucky weather, it's shaping up to be a great weekend!

What makes this weekend even better is being able to say we're yet another week closer to meeting Miss Reagan!  Today marks twenty-two weeks---where did the last two weeks go?!  Even though we're still eighteen weeks away from her arrival, it's starting to feel a little more "real"---we're actually going to be parents!!!  I've been feeling her move even more over the last few days, and my husband and I have been talking to her so she can recognize our voices later.  (I have to say, nothing melts my heart more than hearing my husband say sweet things to our daughter while she's in there baking...it's soooo sweet!)  I just pray these next few months go by just as quickly so we can meet the little girl who has already stolen our hearts and has us wrapped around her tiny little finger! :)

Ok, so let's see what Peanut has been doing the last few days (I know I just posted my late weekly update on Tuesday, but I have to get back on track, so bear with me, guys!)...

Symptoms:

-headache (more frequently...the lovely thick layer of pollen everywhere might be to blame for this)
-heartburn/reflux
-restlessness/fatigue (the two go hand in hand)
-gassiness/bloating/constipation (oh, the joys...lol)
-backache/achy hips
-bloody/stuffy nose
-increased hunger

Size of Baby:

Papaya (11-12 inches and over 1 pound!  Way to grow, Baby Reagan!)

Milestones/Happenings:

With her eyes and lips being more developed, Peanut's definitely resembling a newborn now!  She also is sleeping more often---as much as fourteen hours a day!  Her more active times are throughout the night and first thing in the morning, which means Mommy and Daddy are in for it once she gets here! lol  Her movements are definitely starting to be more noticeable since she's gained weight and is getting stronger...I think she even gave me the "people's elbow" this morning---ouch!  Every movement is such a blessing though, and each one makes me smile (even the painful ones)!

Belly Pic:

As baby grows, so does The Bump!  The top of my uterus is now about an inch above my belly button (which is struggling to stay an "inny" as the skin gets tighter and tighter! lol).  She's still lying fairly low though; I usually feel her a few inches below my belly button.



Well, that's it for this week, folks!  As I end today's update, I want to (once again---it never gets old!) give God all of the glory for yet another week of health and blessings.  He has brought us so far, and blessed us beyond belief.  He has made my faith stronger than I ever thought possible, and He is using me to touch others in such an amazing way.  My heart is steadily trusting in Him, and I believe He will see His perfect plan through to the end!  I'll leave y'all with a verse that makes my heart smile every time I hear/read it...it reminds me that every child is a gift from our Father and that He truly does hear our prayers! "For this child I have prayed for, and You have granted me my request." (Samuel 1:27) Thank you, Lord, for answered prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment