"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Twenty-One Weeks and Peanut's Name Revealed!

We made it back safe and sound from NYC!  Woohoo!  We had a blast (minus the cold weather/snow/ice), but I know I, for one, am sooooo happy to be back home again!  I missed my huge pregnancy pillow and my sweet tea! ;)

So, now we get to celebrate my twenty-first week of pregnancy!  Yaaaay!  And I actually did remember to take a belly pic Saturday morning, so we're still on track!  Let's take a peek at Peanut's progress, shall we?

Symptoms:

-backache (even worse during our long walks in the city---no surprise there!)
-reflux/heartburn
-bloating/bubbles
-headaches (on and off)
-fatigue
-intense hunger (at times)
-frequent pee trips (still mostly at night...thanks, Peanut!)

Size of Baby:

Pomegranate (about 10.5 inches and 13 ounces)

Milestones/Happenings:

Peanut is starting to put on a little weight, and it's just the beginning!  From now until she's born, her weight will increase to roughly eight times what it is now (that's estimating she will be 6.5 pounds on delivery day)!  No wonder I'm so hungry all the time---she's using all of my fuel to grow! lol

She seemed to really like our little vacation, especially the Broadway play (we saw "Wicked"---highly recommend it!) and the plane ride!  She kicked me nonstop during both, lol.  I feel her on a regular basis now, and can tell when she's flipping over, kicking, or punching.  (She's actually practicing her jabs as we speak!) What a wonderful experience it is to feel a little life moving inside of me!  I can't stop thanking God for this opportunity He's blessed me with!

Belly Pic:

I sure do feel bigger this week, but don't notice it too much in the picture.  (Please excuse the horrible hotel lighting, as well as the marks all over my belly from fighting with the sheets all night, lol.)



Alright, now for the part I'm sure you've all been waiting for.......the reveal of Peanut's name!!!  We officially decided on it the day before our trip, and wanted to share it with our parents before we told the world (I'm sure you guys understand! ;) ).  Once we got back, I rushed to the monogramming shop here in town to have them make her first little personalized outfit so I could properly "announce" it! So, without further ado...here's our sweet baby girl's name!



Sooooo...what do y'all think??  We are so in love with this name, although it still sounds weird to call her anything but "Peanut"!  The poor child...she'll have that nickname for the rest of her life!  LOL! "Reagan" is just a name my hubs and I both liked (we had it narrowed down to either that or "Madelyn"), and then "Elizabeth" is after my Mom.  This will make the third generation of daughters named after their grandmothers---I love that!  I can't believe our little miracle has a name now...it makes things seem that much more real!  Eeeek!

Well, with the trip and deciding on her name, this week has definitely been an exciting one!  I thank God for a safe trip, healthy baby (and Mommy), and a decision made (which is not as easy as it sounds if you know my husband, lol)!  I can't wait to see what exciting things are in store for us over the next nineteen weeks!  :)




3 comments:

  1. So exciting! I love feeling my little Deegan move around and kick! We had our 20 week ultrasound today. I loved seeing his cute face! I'm not blogging much but I am on Instagram as heyitsmishi7 if you wanna see photos!
    I can't believe we are halfway there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mishi! I love your little boy's name, too! Very original, cool, and super cute! :) I've started "stalking" you on Instagram and you are soooo adorable!!! Be prepared for lots of "likes" and comments! ;)

    ReplyDelete