"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Thursday, February 7, 2013

T-Minus Nine Days!

Ahhhhh!  It's getting closer!  Technically, we'll have The Big Ultrasound in exactly one week from today, but our party isn't until that Saturday.  To tell you the truth, as excited as I am to know what we're having (and I'm pretty stinkin' excited), I can't wait for this party!  As selfish or sneaky as this may sound, with the long process of infertility and IVF (and blogging about every detail), the hubs and I haven't had a lot of "secrets" that we can find out together and keep to ourselves for a few days, so I feel like this party satisfies that need for a "Surprise!" moment.  Now...I sure do hope Peanut cooperates next Thursday, or else we're going to have to turn the gathering into a "Happy Seventeen-Week Pre-Birthday" party! lol

So, while we wait for the Big Reveal, I want to take a moment and praise God again for this opportunity He has given me.  Not just to be Peanut's Mommy (which is amazing in itself!), but also to be able to share this journey with you guys.  Although I like to share pregnancy updates and Peanut's progress, this blog is really not about me.  It is 100% about giving the Lord the praise for what He has done in my life, and to encourage others to stay faithful while they figure out His will for their lives.

I pray daily that God use me and our infertility story to His glory, and just when I think I'm at a standstill (meaning I feel like maybe no one is reading or getting anything out of my posts anymore), the Lord opens the door for me to be able to share His love and faithfulness with yet another person. Every time this happens, I have to stop and thank Him for allowing me to be a light for Him...a light that may otherwise never be seen.  It is such an awesome feeling to be able to share God's unconditional love and perfect plan with others---it just blows my mind!

I read this message in my Celebration of Life devotional the other day, and felt like God wanted me to use it in my next post.  Then, upon speaking with a friend of mine from back home that is having struggles of her own, I knew this message was meant to be shared!  It's entitled "Our Greatest Refuge"...

"God is our greatest refuge.  When every earthly support system fails, God remains steadfast, and His love remains unchanged.  When we encounter life's inevitable disappointments and setbacks, God remains faithful.  When we suffer losses that leave us breathless, God is always with us, always ready to respond to our prayers, always working in us and through us to turn tragedy into triumph....Even during life's most difficult days, God stands by us.  Our job, of course, is to return the favor and stand by Him."

The verse that goes with it is Hebrews 10:36: "For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised."

Wow.  I mean, really.  I hope that blesses you as much as it did me!

I also hope that God allows me to continue to share my journey (of both my faith and infertility battles---although don't they really go hand in hand?) with you all for as long as He sees fit.  Thank y'all for continuing to check on Peanut and I, for continuing to pray for us, and for continuing to bless me through your comments/emails/texts...I am truly blessed and extremely grateful! :)


6 comments:

  1. Awww! Thank you Michelle!!! How are things???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is good! I'm 16 weeks today! Hoping to find out the sex next week! I can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or girl too!!! It's so exciting!

      Delete
    2. OMG! That's amazing!!! PTL!!! I can't wait to hear what you're having, too! Pleeeeeease keep me posted!

      Delete
  2. I'm still reading too, and still praying for you and your sweet growing family! So excited for you to find out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Erin!! That makes my heart happy! <3

    ReplyDelete