"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sixteen Week Appointment

I'm here, I'm here...sorry to keep you guys waiting for an update!

Today has been a long, busy day...started out with a migraine last night that kept me up all night (unfortunately, it's still with me...ugh).  Then my husband's cousin finally went into labor (at forty-one weeks) in the middle of the night, so after my appointment this morning, my MIL and I rushed over there to see her and the baby...only to find out that the hospital wasn't allowing visitors that weren't "immediate family", so we had to settle for seeing Mr. Cutie Pie through the nursery window.  By the time we got home, I was just exhausted, so I had to have a little down time.  But now that I've gotten a second wind, it's update time! :)

Our appointment this morning was (once again) uneventful, which I count as a blessing!  Dr S was happy with my weight gain (I've gained about two and a half pounds so far) and blood pressure (which was just a tad bit elevated last time--probably due to being on bed rest/almost no activity for so long).  I had my blood drawn for the Cystic Fibrosis screening and Quad screen (which checks for traits of Downs Syndrome); those results should be back within a week or so.

Then I got to hear my beautiful Peanut's heartbeat...ahhhhh.  That never gets old!  He/she behaved very well and was easy to find (smack dab in the middle of my belly button and pubic bone), and the heart beat was just a-going in the 150's (which further supports my guess that Peanut's a girl ;) ).  The nurse who did the fetal doppler was very pleased with how things sounded, which of course, makes for a happy Mommy!

I went ahead and made our twenty-week appointment (when we get to have another ultrasound---yay!) for a month out (March 12th), which just happens to be my hubby's birthday!  I can't think of a better birthday treat than to get to see our little Nutter-Butter in action, can you?  (Okay, maybe a delicious chocolate cake...but we can get that anytime! Uh oh...now I want some chocolate cake...lol.)

So, now that this busy day is complete, it's time to relax, eat some sketti my fave MIL made for us (thanks, GG!), and try to get rid of this blasted headache!  But, in case you aren't keeping track of our latest countdown...there's only forty-five hours and fifteen minutes until our big ultrasound!!! EEEEEK!




No comments:

Post a Comment