"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Eighteen Weeks

We're almost halfway there, folks!  Can you believe it??  I sure can't!

Before I get into the Pregnancy Progress update, I wanted to tell you all about the SUPER exciting thing that happened today...

...I felt Peanut kick!!!!  Multiple times!!!  They were definite kicks---not bubbles or vibrations like I've been feeling over the last few weeks (those are still hard to decipher).  It felt like someone was poking me from the inside, and it only lasted a second, but I know it was her!  I was in the car outside Target when I felt the first one, so I immediately called my husband to tell him.  As soon as I did, she did it again!  Over the last few hours, I've felt one or two more jabs, but never around the hubs so he can try to feel it (I know he probably won't this early, but it's worth a try!).  Needless to say, this made my day! I'm so happy and amazed to be feeling my little girl moving around in there!  EEEEEK!!

Ok, giddy freak-out moment over.  Now on to the rest of the update! :)

Symptoms:

-mild nausea (very rarely now, which is a blessing!)
-mild cramps (usually when I'm hungry, have a full bladder, or have been on my feet a while)
-stuffy/bloody nose (the bloody part has gotten worse, but I guess that's just part of it!)
-mood swings (I'm quite snippy lately...but if I bite your head off, please know it doesn't mean I don't love you! lol)
-increased hunger (this has died down a little, but I'm still eating like a cow---who has three stomachs, in case you didn't know)
-backache
-VERY swollen (but not that tender) tahtahs (yeeeeeeah buddy! LOL)

Size of Baby:

Sweet Potato (my apps say around 6 inches and 6 ounces, but that's what she was when we had our u/s done last week, so I'm guessing she's more like 7 inches and 7 ounces now)

Milestones/Happenings:

Peanut's on the move, y'all!  And she likes to take up residence on my bladder at night...which means I am up at least three times a night (thanks a lot, Miss Peanut).  Her hearing is getting better, so I've been playing some music through my iPhone and putting it in my pocket so she can listen.  (I think soothing piano classics are her fave, just like her Mommy. :) )  She's also now covered in vernix caseosa (in case you're wondering, this translates to "cheesy varnish" and is the white goopy stuff babies some times come out coated in), which keeps her nice and protected while she's in her water bath for the next five and a half months.  This cheesy coating will start to come off the closer it gets to the delivery date, but there's still a chance she could come out looking like a huge ball of mozzarella cheese, lol.  

Food Aversions/Cravings:

I might as well take this portion of the update off, because I would probably eat just about anything at this point!

Belly Pic:

I don't feel much bigger than last week, but I'm sure she'll still growing like a weed in there!



Only two more weeks till we get to see our little Peanut again...I can't wait!  I'm so excited to see how much she's grown already!  Maybe she'll measure big (remember she was already one day ahead last week) and they can move up my due date...hey, I can dream, can't I?? lol

Thank you again for all of the continued prayers, comments, and texts!  I know Peanut will feel just as loved as I do when she grows up and I tell her she had people all over the world praying for her health and safety!  God has truly blessed us with amazing friends and family, and we love each and every one of you! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment