"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sixteen Weeks

Wow...has it really been four months already??  I guess having longer to wait in between doctor's appointments makes time go by quicker, because I feel like I was just twelve weeks and going to see Dr S for the first time!  At this rate, I have a feeling July is going to come very quickly...and I'm okay with that!  I'm already anxious to meet our little Peanut! :)

Next Tuesday at 9am, we have our second appointment with Dr S, where we will listen to the heartbeat and then take some blood for routine genetic screening.  This should be a pretty basic "in and out" appointment, but it's always nice to hear that tiny heart "galloping" away and be reassured that everything is progressing as it should be!

So, what's Mister (or Miss) Peanut been up to this week?  Let's check it out!

Symptoms:

-nausea (this has come back with a vengeance the last two days, but still no vomiting---PTL!)
-low backache
-achy hips/legs
-restlessness (this drives me bonkers...I am usually up 3-4 times a night to potty, and then I can't go back to sleep...grrrr)
-fatigue (the restlessness doesn't help this, obviously!)
-dull cramps
-short, sharp pains in groin every now and then (I'm thinking this must be my round ligaments stretching as Peanut grows)
-INTENSE hunger (just talking about being hungry makes me hungry...this kid must be a human garbage disposal like his Daddy! lol)

Size of Baby:

Avocado (4.5-5 inches long and 3.5-4 ounces)

Milestones/Happenings:

Peanut is starting to listen to my voice more and should be able to recognize it once he/she arrives! He also might get startled by loud noises (which should be interesting once I can actually feel him moving).

His eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair are all growing (or continuing to grow) in this week, and baby fat is starting to accumulate to keep him nice and warm once he joins us in July!

Food Cravings:

-RIBS!!!! (Luckily, the hubs and I are going on a double date with some sweet friends of ours tonight, and I plan on indulging in this craving!  Make some room, Peanut!! lol)

-Burger King sweet tea (I don't know why theirs is the best, but I crave it daily and let myself have a small one most days)

-chicken tenders and french fries (this is horrible, isn't it??  Ugh...but they're soooo good!)

Food Aversions:

None (right now).  If it's food, I'll eat it!  Or at least give it a shot! ;)

Belly Pic:

Still not a whole lot of noticeable growth happening yet, but I'm confident I'll "pop" any day now!



Now I'm off to work on some decorations for the Gender Reveal Party!  I hope everyone has a fab weekend, and I'll check in after my appointment Tuesday to let you know how the ole' Peanut-ster's doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment