"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Thursday, February 21, 2013

How Much Stuff Does One Kid Need??

Yes, this question comes after working tirelessly on Miss Peanut's registry all week.  Seriously, you'd think a seven-pound human being wouldn't need that much stuff, right?  Wrong!  She's going to be more high maintenance than her mommy! lol

My question for all you mommies out there is this: what are some things you deem a necessity and what really doesn't need to be added to the registry?  I'd hate to ask for and receive a bunch of things that she will never actually use (like the thousand kitchen appliances and gadgets I thought I needed when we got married, lol) but be missing out on the items that are most needed!  Help, please!

On a much less stressful note, Peanut's furniture was delivered/assembled Tuesday!  Yippy!  It's goooorgeous (if you ask me)!  I'll post pictures of her nursery once we have more done, because right now it looks a little bare in there.  I'm so excited for decorating plans to be in motion---it makes it all feel more real!  Eek!

Tomorrow I have the pleasure of babysitting the sweetest little week old baby (my husband's cousin's newborn), so wish me luck please!  I have been over there twice already and practiced all of my "Mommy duties" on him (bottle feeding, changing, burping, rocking, etc), but that was when other people were in the house.  This time I'll be all by myself...scary, I know!  Please pray for me! lol

Alright...time to get back to the registry!  As usual, I'll post Peanut's update on Saturday, so check back in then! God's growing this little miracle, and it's so exciting to be a part of something so special! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment