"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Monday, June 3, 2013

Thirty-Two Weeks and Our 4D Ultrasound

Happy Monday, everyone!

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend---I know Reagan and I did!  Not only did we get to celebrate hitting the eight month mark, but we also got to see Meme and Papa (my parents), see her on the 4D ultrasound, AND partake in a SPECTACULAR baby shower!  It was a whirlwind couple of days, but oh-so fun!

I plan on posting some pictures from the baby shower and of Peanut's nursery (which is about 99% complete and blog-worthy now---yaaaaay!) a little later this week.  Today, I'll just update you all on her progress and show you a few pics from the ultrasound we had on Friday (which was, by the way, such an amazing experience!).

Let's start with our thirty-two week update...

Symptoms:

-backache
-achy hips/legs
-indigestion
-nausea (on and off...mainly when I'm getting hungry or when I've stuffed myself like a tick)
-sore/even bigger tah-tahs (yes, folks, they continue to grow...I even had to break down and go buy myself some bigger bras--nursing bras--to get through the next few months and in preparation for her arrival!)
-restlessness (Reagan and I both have been waking up around 2am and can't go back to sleep...makes for a long day, let me tell ya!)
-fatigue (hmmm...I wonder why...lol)
-bright blue veins everywhere (tah-tah's, belly, hips, legs...thank God I've gotten a little tan, which helps mask them a little!)
-Braxton Hicks contractions (oh my...these are not fun!  Although it's not necessarily painful, my belly gets hard as a rock, which makes it hard to move while it's going on.  They usually only last 20-90 seconds, and some are worse than others.  I have been having them more frequently lately; after a particularly busy day on my feet Friday, I had as many as six in an hour...but no worries, folks!  They stopped after I drank plenty of water, relaxed a little, and made sure my bladder stayed empty!)

Size of Baby:

Bok Choy (around 16-17 inches and 4 pounds, per the baby apps...keep reading for a more accurate weight)

Milestones/Happenings:

Miss Reagan is definitely running out of room in there!  Her movements have gotten to be less spastic and more "rolly polly"; sometimes it makes me feel as though she is trying to come through my skin! lol   She is able to open her eyes, which you'll see on the u/s pics.  She is also "rooting" (a reflex babies have when they're born that lets you know they're hungry); she did this a lot on the u/s, too, which makes sense because she and I were both starving! The poor thing was looking for something to eat!

If she were to be born now, her chances of survival would be very good (PTL)!  She could potentially have problems with sucking and nursing, but those would get better with age.  All in all, our little miracle is almost ready to make her debut---I can't wait!!

Belly Pics:

Just when I feel like my belly has reached it's max stretchability, it grows some more!  And all of a sudden, I have a very light "linea nigra" (the dark line some women get on their bellies during pregnancy due to surges of hormones) underneath my belly button...it just popped up sometime after thirty weeks, which is an odd time for it to show up (usually it's around the second trimester and then continues to get darker).  But I think it's sort of cute, and makes my bump look more "bumptastic"! ;) Lol! (I would post a picture of my new-found line, but it doesn't show up in the pics too well.)




Alllllrighty, now time for a 4D ultrasound summary and pics!

It was soooo amazing to see how much Reagan has changed since our last 4D was done---she actually looks like a BABY now! Eeeek!  She was VERY well behaved during the whole thing...wiggling, yawning, sticking her tongue out, sucking on her hand, opening her eyes...she was quite the entertainer!  Both my husband's and my parents were able to be there, which made the experience even sweeter.  There were lots of "oooohhh's", "aaaaahhh's", and "did you see that?!" over every thing she did, which I think it bound to continue once she joins us on the outside, too! ;)

My guess when we went into the u/s was that she would weigh somewhere around 3.5 pounds.  We're not expecting her to be a huge baby, since her Daddy and I were both right at 6 pounds when we were born (and we were both a little late).  Well...the u/s tech gave us all a good shock when she announced Miss Priss is weighing somewhere around 4.5 pounds already!  Yes, you read that right: FOUR AND A HALF POUNDS!  I have no clue where all of that baby is hiding!  Now, on average, babies gain about half a pound a week for the last two months, so she could be somewhere around 8.5 pounds when she's born...YIKES!  Needless to say, I was a little flabbergasted and slightly scared after we heard that! LOL

Because of her weight (and head size), she's measuring somewhere around 33W1D, which would make her due July 18th instead of the 27th.  I'm all for it, as long as she's healthy and happy! :)

Reagan is still head down, which is where she's been ever since our last u/s.  I was correct in thinking she was lying in sort of a "L" shape in my belly...with her tushie on my right side (she likes to push it up against my ribs) and her legs/feet on my left side.  Hopefully she'll stay head down and get into "position" in the next few weeks in preparation for her big debut!

Now, here are just a few of my fave pics...


The u/s tech said that most babies nose's look flattened in 4D, so we know more than likely, this is not the nose she'll be born with.  But those lips are definitely all hers, and she gets them from me!  ;)


Here she is with her eyes open...well, one eye, anyway.  I guess she was sleepy and rubbing the other eye with her little fist.


This was one of the first images of her (before the u/s probe interrupted her beauty sleep).  She quickly woke up and started "showing off" after that!


Sucking on her hand while simultaneously trying to shield herself from the paparazzi, lol.


It's kind of hard to see here, but she's sticking her little tongue out at us.  I mean, seriously.  How precious is she???

My husband and I keep playing the DVD they gave us of the u/s and looking at her pictures...we are just so in love with this tiny, sweet miracle!  If it's even possible, we are even MORE excited to meet her now!  T minus seven weeks and five days till that happens (give or take a few)!!!

Well, that's all, folks!  We are about to head out and find something for me to wear for my maternity shoot (which is this Saturday--yaaaay!) and then run a few more errands.  I do plan on posting the shower/nursery details later this week, so check back in with us!

Verse of the Day (this is perfect for thanking God for the blessings He showered us with this weekend!): "I will bless the Lord at all time; His praise will continually be on my lips!" (Psalm 34:1)






No comments:

Post a Comment