"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thirty-Four Week Appointment

I know, I know.  I was supposed to blog yesterday... 

(Smacking my head.)

I promise I didn't purposefully forget you guys!  I didn't remember to blog until I was getting ready for bed last night, and by then, all brain cells are officially shut down for the night.  I swear, if this memory loss/brain fart thing doesn't get better after Reagan is born, I'm going to have to resort to writing all over my arms and forehead with a sharpie every morning telling myself what I need to accomplish that day.  That is, if I can remember where I put the sharpie...lol.

But any-who, here I am!  Ready to give you a quick summary of yesterday's appointment with Dr S!  

Well, let me start off by saying that apparently, I didn't have an appointment with Dr S yesterday...but for some reason (probably because my visits have been on a Tuesday ever since I started seeing him), I had it in my phone for Tuesday at 10:45am.  Come to find out it was for Wednesday at 10:45am. Oops...there go the brain farts again!  Luckily, his office is super sweet and told me they would try to squeeze me in since I was already there (granted, I'd have to wait a while since he was so packed already).  

Two hours later, our (rather uneventful) appointment was finally done!  My blood pressure was spot-on (113/72, or something like that), weight showed I've gained nineteen pounds so far, and Little Bit's heartbeat was nice and strong in the 130-140's.  She tried to play hard to get again when the nurse was using the doppler, and then she kicked the probe a few times.  I'm going to have to work on those manners of hers! lol

My belly is still measuring a bit behind (2.5 weeks, so 32cm), but neither the nurse nor Dr S seemed concerned still...probably since both my belly measurement and weight have technically increased since my last visit, so she appears to be growing just fine.  PTL!

I told him about my more frequent crampiness and BH contractions, and he said if they get to be more consistent, call the office and they'll either check me there or send me over to the hospital (which is right across the street--convenient!) to be checked and monitored.  In his words, "at this stage in the game, either it's just your body gearing up for labor--which can last all the way till forty weeks and be quite annoying--or it's preterm labor actually starting, which we're not concerned about since you're already over thirty-four weeks anyway".  So, in other words, either it's something or it's nothing, and we just have to wait it out! lol  

I scheduled my thirty-six appointment for July 2nd at 9:45am (YES, I have the correct date this time! ;) ). This is the one where he will test me for Group B Strep, which is a common bacteria that is usually harmless to mommies, but can be very serious to the baby if transmitted during delivery---so antibiotics are given before the baby actually arrives.  He'll also check my cervix for the first time to see if Miss Reagan has made any efforts to vacate the premises.  As much as I'm not looking forward to this "check", I'm excited to see if I'm dilated or effaced (thinned out) at all, especially with all of the pressure, cramping, and BH's I've been having!  Guess we'll find out in two more weeks! :)

Well, that's about it in a nutshell!  Sorry, again, for making y'all wait!  I promise I'll try to stay on track, but there's no telling how these brain cells are going to work over the next five weeks! lol 

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week, and Reagan and I will see you back here on Saturday! Please keep those prayers coming for continued good health for us both, patience as we wait to meet our sweet baby, and for this Mommy to be able to rest up for her big arrival.  We love you all and thank you for constantly keeping us in your thoughts and prayers...they're definitely being heard and God is pouring down His peace and blessings over us!  After all, 1 John 5:14 says, "And this is the confidence that we have in Him: if we ask for anything according to His will, He hears us." Amen, and thank you, Father God!


No comments:

Post a Comment