"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

33W4D and Still Going Strong!

We're almost to that precious thirty-four week mark, where Dr S says I need to be before he'll "let nature take it's course" if labor was to start!  How exciting is THAT?!

You know, it's funny that I've always heard OB's don't want you to go into labor before thirty-seven weeks (which is when the baby is considered to be "full term"), but the hubs saw Dr T at work the other day and he mentioned the same thing about me just needing to make it to thirty-four weeks...guess there's something to it!  Now, I'm not saying we don't want Reagan to stay in the oven and bake a little longer...the closer to thirty-seven weeks she is, the better!  But at least now we know that if, come Saturday, my water broke or real contractions started, they would let things happen as they may and she would be a-ok (hey...that rhymed! lol)!  That, along with the knowledge that, as always, God's got this all under control, really does make me feel a lot better.  It also solidifies the thought that it really could be "any day now"---eeeeeeek!

So, the big question is this: Are we ready for Miss Reagan's arrival????

YES!!!!

Physically, I am ready.  My belly feels like it cannot stretch anymore, and good, quality sleep has become a (not so funny) joke. She has gotten so big and so strong that her bigger movements actually make me involuntarily yell "ouch!" at times.  And my energy level has gone from a two-point-five to a zero...or maybe a negative one (depends on the day, lol).

Emotionally, I am ready.  I feel like we have waited our whole lives (well, I guess technically almost three years) to meet this little gift from God, and we can't wait to see what she looks like and what kind of personality she'll have.  We also can't wait to start teaching her things and watch her grow...ahhhh, I just can't wait!!

Spiritually, I am ready.  I have had my moments where I ask, "Can I do this, Lord?? Am I going to be a good Mommy??" But after praying and chatting with God, He assures me that He wouldn't bless us with this miracle if He didn't think we could handle it.  He also assures me that no matter what issues may arise (colicky fits, diaper blow-outs in public, sleepless nights), He will bless us with the ability and the knowledge to make it through.  Man, what an awesome Father we serve!

"Technically" (meaning baby product/nursery wise), I am 98% ready.  I still have to pack Reagan and my hospital bags, which I have been waiting to do till closer to the thirty-four week mark since I figured they'd just stop my labor and send me home if it occurred before then.  Call me crazy, and maybe it's just my OCD talking again, but I'm super excited to pack these bags!!  I'll try to accomplish this either Friday or Saturday.  Now, here's a question for all you Mommies out there:  besides comfy pajamas, a robe, slippers, makeup, hair care stuff, granny panties, pads, and something to occupy my time during the many, many hours of labor, what else do you guys recommend I bring with me? (Just for my bag...I think I've got Peanut's all planned out.) Feel free to comment me!

Well, I think that about answers that question, don't you?? :)

So, now we sit and wait for the next few weeks for her to arrive!  And while we sit and wait, we pray! My prayer is for a safe delivery for both Reagan and I, and for her to be healthy.  I also pray that God will continue to use us as witnesses for Him throughout this entire process, no matter what may arise. With that prayer in mind, I hold this Verse of the Day close to my heart: "And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)  I know that God has placed us in this well thought-out situation (all according to His perfect plan for us) in order to glorify His name and His kingdom...and I am certain that He will see this miracle through to the end, holding our hands every step of the way!

Alrighty, guys, that's it for today!  I'll be back here Saturday for our Pregnancy Progress Update.  Have a fan-tab-oh-lous rest of the week, and God bless you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment