"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Baby Shower and Reagan's Nursery Pics!

Yes, you read that right: nursery pics! 

We FINALLY finished decorating our little Peanut's room (well, we're 99.9% finished...she still needs a laundry hamper, but that's just a minute detail)!  I have to say, I am quite in love with it!  

Let's start out with pictures of her room and then we'll move on to the baby shower...whatcha say?


Here is my view from the door...you can also see the side of the hutch, but it wouldn't all fit into the picture.  I'm absolutely smitten with the wall decal above her crib...I can see it from the living room, and it makes me smile every time! :)


A close-up of the crib (which converts into a toddler bed and then later into an adult bed).  When I saw this crib, I knew it was "The One"!


Here is the hutch/changing table (minus the changing pad, which we have actually received as a gift since I took this picture).  I have things some necessities (lotion, brush, etc) stored in the cabinet there---super handy!


This nightstand will of course go by her bed when it is converted later on, but for right now, it's being used as a mini bookcase.  I love that Reagan already has lots of little books, and I can't wait to read them to her (or hear her Daddy reading to her)!

The shelves were one of the first things we put up once the furniture was delivered.  They're the perfect place to house my Willow Tree "Cherish" figurine (a little wooden statue of a pregnant women holding her belly) I received from my bestie (thank you, Jenn!), the "R" I painted for her, and a few other knick knacks.


Then there's this...the chair of all chairs.  The chair that gives other chairs a bad name.  This is my Little Castle glider/recliner, which I could not be happier with!  I have already taken several naps in it, and plan on spending many, many more hours rocking my sweet baby girl to sleep in it!

The little bedside table there doesn't match the other furniture exactly, but I needed some place to put the lamp and be able to hold my drink/snack/etc whenever I'm busy rocking Miss Priss.  (And the nightstand wouldn't fit into that space.)  It suits the need perfectly!


Okay...now for her closet.  I know, we're out of control!  But, in my defense, these outfits range in size from newborn to eighteen months, so they're not just for right now!  (And yes, they are organized by size...did you expect anything less? lol)  Reagan will definitely not have any problems in the wardrobe department!

The bins in the cubby are all labeled to make it a little easier to find things...so blankets, bibs, burp cloths, hats, and shoes all have their designated area.  The tubs up top hold bottles, bath time supplies, etc.

Her headband/hair bow holder is another item that I made for her, and I love the way it turned out!  You can't tell from this pic, but the fabric behind the "R" has little birdies on it.  Loving that she has lots of hair to put these little do-dads in (OMG--did I tell you the u/s showed she has HAIR?!  LOTS of it!!! PTL!), so these will definitely be put to good use! :)


Here's another close-up of the bedding...I'm obsessed with this Pottery Barn Kids bedding!  The stuffed animals are Mr Bunny (with his super cool shades on--those are Reagan's, lol) and Mutt, which is my hubby's stuffed puppy from waaaaay back in the day!  I love that he is in good enough condition to be able to incorporate into her room! 

Side Note:  I know the bumper pads aren't on there correctly...we had "technical difficulties" and finally gave up.  My mom is going to work her magic on them next time she comes up. ;)

So, what do y'all think?? I can't wait to bring our miracle home to her room for the first time!  EEEEK!

Ok, now time for baby shower pics from last weekend!  

The shower took place at my MIL's house, and it was thrown by her, my best friend (and cousin-in-law Jennifer), and my hub's Aunt Linda.  I had looked at a few baby shower themes online when we knew Reagan was a girl, and had picked out one called "Sugar and Spice" (because that's what little girls are made of! ;) ).  Man, oh man, did they do an absolutely AMAZING job making my baby shower "vision" come to life!  Thank you, ladies, for all of the thought and love that went into this special day!  


The wreaths that my MIL had made for Reagan greeted us when we arrived.  They were the perfect touch and screamed, "There's a baby girl baby shower going on here, folks!" Loved it!


Then, once you entered through the doors...you were met by the most tempting "dessert bar" ev-er. This table had everything a pregnant woman (or a chocoholic) could ever dream of: homemade truffles, cookies, chocolate-covered pretzels, all sorts of candies...the list goes on and on!  They really out-did themselves with this smorgasbord of sweets!


Another view of the table and decor...


Then there was the cake.  This cake was gorgeous, and pretty scrump-did-dah-lee-ump-tous, too!  The little decal on the front of it matches the decal on Reagan's wall...how sweet!


It's a little hard to see, but the cake board says "Sugar and spice and everything nice.  That's what little girls are made of!"  Tied into the theme beautifully!


These little onesie cookies were so cute!  And very yummy, too, I might add!  


I love this adorable sign my friend found on Etsy---perfect!


As if there wasn't enough food on the big table, they had a chocolate fountain with all sorts of dippable items to go with it.  My favorite thing to dip in chocolate (which I tried for the first time here)?  BACON!  Yes, bacon.  Big, thick slices of piggy goodness.  Needless to say, I was in chocolate-covered hog heaven! LOL


We managed to have some water bottle labels personalized with Reagan's name and the date of the shower.  It's the little details like this that made it extra special!  

Now let me tell you about that bowl of punch.  I could drink my weight in this stuff---no lie.  If you are ever in need of a good punch recipe for a party, shower, event, look no further!  It's so easy it's ridiculous, too!  Just take a 2-liter bottle of ginger ale, a bottle of pineapple juice, and a half gallon of sorbet (we like to use whatever color works with the party theme...so, of course, we chose pink for a girl!) and put them all together in a punch bowl and tadah!  You've got yourself some knock-out, make-you-wanna-slap-yo-mama punch! :)


My MIL made the most precious diaper cake in the world--complete with tutu and headband that can Reagan can wear later!  And her friend Diane (who also helped make this whole shin-dig possible--thank you, "Auntie Diane"!), who is Martha Stewart's long lost sister, whipped up that beautiful bow on the fly!


I don't even think this was even half of the gifts (the picture was taken earlier before everyone arrived). It took over an hour to open them all (with a brief potty-break intermission for my prego-self)---I was definitely exhausted afterwards! lol  My husband and I felt so unbelievably blessed after seeing the outpouring of gifts that Baby Reagan received!  We honestly cannot thank you all enough!



This is baby girl's first stroller to hold her baby dolls!  And her first baby doll is actually lying in the stroller, along with Mutt the Puppy.  I can just see Peanut pushing her babies around the house in this...ahhhh! I can't wait!  


Well, that was just a little peek at my beautiful baby shower!  There were lots more details, but I don't think I could finish this blog tonight if I showed them all to you! lol  I had a blast and left feeling more loved than I ever thought possible...so thank you again to everyone who put it together and attended it! We love you all!  

Whew.  That was a long post!  Sorry if I got a little long-winded there, guys! lol  Now it's time to go feed my husband and this little munchkin (who hasn't stopped rolling around since I sat down to start blogging over an hour and a half ago)!  

I'll be back one more time this week on Saturday for our Pregnancy Progress Update, so until then...God bless!  <3



3 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed watching these photos. Shower was truly amazing and it looks like a perfect party for a momma to be. My sister is expecting so I hosted a dinner baby shower for her at one of indoor LA venue. The venue offered great services and I loved their interior a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! My mother-in-law and friends did such an amazing job putting it all together! I am sure your party was beautiful and that your sister loved it! Blessings to you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything was done so beautifully ❤️ I loved every detail and arrangement. Kudos to you and yours even years after. 🚼

    ReplyDelete