"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Thirty-Five Weeks Down....and Thirty-Five DAYS To Go!

How in the world do people physically carry around twins, triplets, or even just really big babies in their bellies??  And how in the world do people work labor intensive jobs the entire forty weeks??  For those of you who do, y'all are my heroes! lol

We're celebrating the thirty-five week mark today, but I honestly feel like I'm closer to forty weeks.  This week has, by far, been my most physically demanding one yet...between the fatigue, restlessness, Braxton Hick's, and this ever-growing baby girl, I have almost officially turned into a couch potato. The only part of my day that makes me feel as though I've accomplished something is when I do my elliptical workout, which I did manage to do four times this week.  (Go me! Oot oot!)  I figure that my exercise regimen is the only thing that's keeping my energy level from completely hitting zero, and I know it'll be nothing but beneficial during the labor process, so I've got to keep it up as long as I can!

Ok, whine-fest is over with (for now), lol.  So what else has been going on in the ole' uterus this week? Let's see...

Symptoms:

-fatigue
-restlessness
-BH contractions (mixed with a feel "real", quick painful, ones)
-back pain
-cramping
-achy hips/thighs/legs
-dizziness (at times)
-nausea (more often the last week)
-inability to eat much at one sitting (if I try to keep shoveling it in, I definitely may for it later with the indigestion, bloating, and increased shortness of breath)
-shortness of breath
-frequent urination/bladder spasms (when Reagan decides to use my bladder as a punching bag)

Size of Baby:

Honeydew Melon (18-19 inches and 5.5-6 pounds)

Milestones/Happenings:

From now until she's born, Reagan will continue to fatten up, gaining one to two more pounds of fat. She also may grow another inch or so...although I have no clue where I'm going to fit another inch and two pounds of baby! lol

Most of her organs are fully developed, and her lungs are almost completely ready to take over once she's born.  Her brain is working like crazy getting ready for all of the developing it will do in her first few years of life.  And her skull bones are preparing to overlap for the tight journey through the birth canal (isn't it awesome how God designs their heads to be able to do that??!).   This little girl is getting pretty close to being fully baked and ready to come out of the oven!  Yaaaay!

Belly Pic:

Maybe it's just me, but I seriously do feel like Peanut has grown a lot this week.  Every time I look at my belly in the mirror, it seems to have gotten bigger!  I feel "fuller" up towards my ribs, but I am almost positive she has dropped (woohoo!) and that those big ole (uncomfy) movements I feel up high are her long legs trying to stretch out and then tuck back into the fetal position.  The good news?  She's slowed down a little more (staying awake for shorter periods of time and not waking as frequently), which makes me think she really is preparing to make her debut!  Gaaah!

(Please ignore the marks all over my side...those are marks from the four---yes, FOUR---pillows I'm using to sleep with now, lol.)



Well, believe it or not, all this blogging has worn me out again!  I think it's time to join my sweet, peacefully-sleeping hubby and kitty-boy on the couch for a nap. ;)  I'll see you guys back here some time this week!

Before I go, I wanted to share this Verse of the Day about endurance, which I feel is very fitting for this stage in the journey to mommyhood and the way I'm feeling lately!  Hebrews 10:36 says, "For you need endurance, so that when you've done the will of God, you may receive what was promised."  No matter how physically-demanding pregnancy can be or how utterly exhausted I feel at times, I am confident that God has placed me on this path (this path that I've prayed so hard for), and I know He will give me the endurance to finish the race and claim the prize at the end!  Thank you, Lord, for providing this strength and motivation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment