"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Monday, July 9, 2012

Today's Awesome Devotional!

I just read my devotional for the day, and it was so inspiring I just had to share it with you guys!  

It's from Jesus Lives by Sarah Young.  She writes from Christ's viewpoint, which always makes the messages seem much more personal.  Here's an excerpt from today's message:

"When you are going through painful trials, it is tempting to blame Me because you know I have unlimited power to intervene.  However, I refrained from using that Power to save Myself from brutal torture and execution.  Whenever I allow you to suffer, try to see it as My vote of confidence in you.  It's a way of affirming you as a member of My royal family; a co-heir with Me.  Call upon Me when you are in the midst of trials, and I will be ever so near you--entering into your suffering.  Remember that I allow you to share in My suffering in order that you may also share in My glory." 

And here is one of the verses that go along with the devotional: "For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Him, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls." (Hebrews 12:3)

Wow.  Doesn't that help to change our perspective about the trials He allows us to go through...even just a little??  I know it does mine!  If Jesus can live on this earth and endure all of the pain and suffering that He did (for you and I, mind you!), and all while managing to remain righteous and not question God for not delivering Him from it, why can't we??  Our trials may seem like deep wells that we can't find a way out of, but in comparison with what Jesus, the Son of God faced, they look more like tiny puddles!  

The point is: there is NOTHING that God can't bring us through.  We just have to ask for His help and remain faithful that He will deliver us from our trials, just maybe not in the time frame or in the way we might like! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment