"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Eleven Weeks and Four Years

This week we get to celebrate two special "events":

Miss Reagan is eleven weeks old yesterday and the hubs and I will 
celebrate four years of marriage on Thursday!  

Man, time sure does fly by when you're having fun 
(and trying to make a baby)! 

Usually around this time of year,
we would be jumping on a plane, heading to some place
new and exciting to spend our anniversary.  
But this year, we'll be spending it at home with the greatest gift God 
could give to celebrate the love between two people: 
our precious daughter!  

(Well, okay, we'll be going to a nice, quiet dinner to have some alone time.  
But then it's home to put Peanut to bed and catch up on 
some of our recorded television shows.  
That's my idea of a fab date night!)

Now, I know this may sound "cliche", but it has to be said.  
I really am the luckiest woman in the world to be married to my husband.
Just when I thought our life couldn't get any better, 
we get to share the joys (and yes, the trials) of parenting a child together.

He has been there every step of the way.
Through the tears, disappointments, and pain of infertility.
Through the mood swings, cravings, and complaints of pregnancy.
Through the worry, waiting, and recovery of childbirth.
And now through the sleep-deprivation, uncertainty, 
and constant learning of parenthood.

Now I won't say it's been easy. 
Lord knows there have been days when I 
just want to pinch his adorable little head off 
(sorry, honey, but it's true! lol).

But through it all, we've grown closer.
I love him more now than I ever thought possible.  
Even more than the day I met him.
Even more than the day 
I saw him waiting for me at the end of the aisle.
Even more than the day I saw him holding 
our sweet baby girl for the first time 
and admiring how beautiful she was.
I love him more than yesterday but less than tomorrow.
And I thank God for him...

Every. Single. Day.

Happy Anniversary, Babe! 

Okay, now that I've gone and made myself cry (happy tears, of course)...
how about some pictures of Miss Reagan Elizabeth? :)

This was after quite a good discussion about her day...
this little girl loves a good chat!


Trying to figure out what that wrist rattle is for...


Apparently that mystery took a lot of energy to figure out
and a nap was required, lol.


I swear, this kid will eat just about anything.  Nightgown included.


Headed to her cousin Jacob's birthday party!
(I don't know what the "deer in headlights" look was for.
You'd think she'd be used to having the camera in her
face by now. Haha.)


Giggles with Daddy :)


If you're thinking this look preceded a poop explosion...
you would be correct.
Whew doggie! lol


Rockin' some stripes.
Ain't she purdy?


Tummy time with Mommy!
She's getting stronger every day...
just waiting for her to tip over on her own now!


Well, guys, that concludes this week's post!  I'll try to be more prompt on posting
every Monday, but it doesn't always work out that way with this tater tot! ;)
I hope y'all have a blessed week!


Verse/Thought of the Day:

"The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous 
and His ears are attentive to their cry..." 

Psalm 34:15


Our Heavenly Father is always 
watching and listening to us, 
and He always answers our prayers 
and cries for help.  
But we have to remember that sometimes 
He says "no".

That doesn't mean He won't 
deliver you from the trial
you are going through...
it just means that the way He goes about
delivering you might not be 
the way you planned.

I am living proof that His way is always better. 





No comments:

Post a Comment